Thursday, January 21, 2010

You're on my Mind ~ Mercy's Tuesday Sketch

Good morning!! It's Thursday...so that means I'm probably posting Mercy's Tuesday sketch :) Not that I keep track of what day I post her sketches...I'm just trying out different post starters!! LOL I bought these heart stickers a couple of weeks ago with the intention of using them as blossoms for my Blooming Button Bits stems. You don't have to use buttons, the sky's the limit for those sweet dotted stems :) It was fun going through the collection of hearts to pick out the right sizes and colours...not unlike going through a button jar!! The grass is made from 3 layers of scalloped cardstock. And to give this card a POP, I added some yummy satin ribbon. I hope you're all having a fabulous week...one more day till TGIF!! Yay!!





What's in it?
Stamps: PTI blooming button bits
Ink: SU old olive, choc chip
Paper: PTI vintage cream, springmoss, polkadot bits, cosmo cricket girl friday
Accessories: SU corner rounder and scallop border punch, satin ribbon, fiskars upper crest punch, EK success heart dimensional stickers (@ Michaels)

9 comments:

Ann said...

Who knew stickers could look so good? :P Beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of those heart stickers, Maureen! What a wonderful idea. Love how you did the grass too. Fabulous card!

Melisa Hunter said...

Cute and pretty card! Love the scalloped grass!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the way you made your grass and those heart stickers are fabulous. I like the flourishes. Great paper.

Vickie Z said...

Saw those heart stickers and thought you used crystal effects...wonderful!! Yes, TGIF tomorrow, it has been a busy week for me. Love the colors and great use of the sketch!!

Unknown said...

maureen...this is so pretty! i love the clean and simple lines, and those glazed accents are phenomenal!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a great job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Janelle Stollfus said...

Beautiful card Maureen! So nice and simple. Depending on the time it took to pick out the stickers this must have been a 10 minute card!

TannyP said...

Lovely use of a non-button, Maureen! Your heart stickers really shine in this beauty of a card. Great use of all those wonderful punches!

Laural-Lee said...

Tatiana says she's in love with this one :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...