Saturday, January 30, 2010

Verve Project Parade ~ Tags, Tins and Treats

Good afternoon!!! Today's project is for Verve's January Project Parade. That can only mean a new Verve release is on its way :) The challenge this month is to make tags, alter a tin, or make something for treats. I was inspired by this week's Splitcoast Tutorial on Treat Bag Covers. Once the main template is cut and scored you can decorate any way you like. These two treats are for my dh and my son so I kept the embellishments low key...nothing too frou frou although there are a few pink hearts and sheer ribbon bows. But hey! It's for Valentines.



I made the tags out of kraft using the Slice :) and then decorated with some fun new paper. A couple of "sweet" sentiments from Verve, some bling and there you have two fun little treat boxes. Here's the last image of an opened one just to prove there were treats inside and I didn't eat them (hehe). I bought extra today so I could have my own!! LOL I hope you like today's project and I hope you join in all the Verve fun. The Divas are showing examples each week day so check them out and prepare to drool!! LOL We are having my bonus son over for dinner tonight and then it's the Walk for Memories tomorrow morning. I hope to share some photos of that :) Have a lovely evening...thanks for visiting :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve delightful and delicious; feeling groovy
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI pure poppy, kraft, vintage cream, SU real red dp; making memories love struck dp
Accessories: Slice, MS border punches; sheer ribbon, dimensional heart stickers, gemstones, SU circle punches, SU small cello bags, chocolate hearts from bulk candy, scorepal

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Well done, Maureen. Valentiny but not too frou frou :D Love the tagas and your bows are delicious in those sheers. I'm sure your men will love them :D

I'm beyond frustrated with the light box saga right now...sigh. Think I have to go to Home Depot and get some shop lights and go at it from that angle because mine aren't working. A lesson in patience this is!! Have a great walk tomorrow and look forward to seeing some pictures of the event.

Aimes said...

OK did you really not scoff at least one of those scrummy chocolates?! ;D
These are ADORABLE - totally sweet! I love the way you've decorated them; especially the one with the border punch!
I hope your walk went OK, I was thinking of you today! Just to let you know I made a donation to an Alzheimers organisation over here - I hope that's OK?!
x

Jen Tapler said...

Ok, these are just too cute!! I love them!! And love seeing some "retro" Verve sentiments getting some love!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are just darling! Love them all. And I totally forgot about my Slice having tags! Gonna have to go drag it out of its dusty cubby! LOL

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Darling! Love your dimensional hearts!! What a yummy project!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love these, Maureen! Perfect for the boys and men in our lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...