Monday, January 25, 2010

Walk for Memories

Good morning!! Just a different kind of post today...I hope you all don't mind but I wanted to let people know what I'm doing. As many of you know, my mom passed away last month from Alzheimers Disease. She was 77 and was diagnosed when she was 67. So this year, in memory of my mom, I'm participating in the Walk for Memories...the annual fundraiser here in Canada for Alzheimers. It's this Sunday, January 31st. I have a sponsor page set up to receive donations from anywhere. An instant tax receipt is issued once you donate through the secure website. I know it's for Canada, but if you would like to donate, thanks!! Or maybe you would like to donate locally and that's great too. It all goes towards research and to help those affected. I'm hoping there will be a cure before I hit old age :) I just wanted to put it out there!! Thanks for reading!! I'll be back tomorrow with a card :) Click here to see my sponsor page or on the picture on the top right hand side of the blog :) Have a wonderful day :)




7 comments:

TannyP said...

What a great way to honour your Mom, Maureen! I've pledged and my office will match =)

Laural-Lee said...

Hi Maureen! I have some of my cash stash to give to you when I see you! I prefer to do that then online. I haven't forgotten. Do you have an evening free this week?

Marisa said...

Good for you for doing this, Maureen! I got your e-mail and will make a donation this week.

Kristina said...

What a wonderful event to participate in! I'll be thinking aout you all day on Sunday!

Andrea M said...

Wow, Maureen. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Sorry for the lateness of my condolences - I've been away a lot and haven't been checking posts routinely.
What a wonderful cause and way to honor your mom! My grandmother passed away from Alzheimer's about 15 years ago - we give every year in her memory. You'll be in my thoughts on Sunday!

Winter said...

So sweet! I pray the walk will make some great memories! :)

Aimes said...

OK, I've been on the page but I think I'm gonna have to use my guy's Visa (I don't have one!) I'll definitely donate somehow for such a worthy cause!
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...