Saturday, January 16, 2010

You're So Sweet ~ Viva La Verve

Good afternoon! Today's card had me performing plastic surgery!! LOL After making the card that I had sketched out in my head, I was sadly disappointed. So I gave myself permission to take off the parts that weren't working and redo them. I'm very happy with the results! The only "original" parts are the cream cardbase and brown panel. I took the first picture as my inspiration. The dp I'm using mimics the flooring...love it!! And then the shot of hot raspberry pink....mmmmmm. Doesn't get more delicious than this! I had wanted the sentiment panel to be a different shape, but this wasn't working as well. Then the little heart from my Verve 3D project was whispering for me to pick her!! Perfect! I hope this inspires you to rework your own cards that aren't working for you...better yet, just scrap them and start over!! You will love the freedom :D Have a wonderful evening...we are going to try and see Avatar tonight...we are hoping the crowds have died down now :)




What's in it?
Stamps: Verve delightful and delicious, PTI heart prints
Ink: PTI raspberry fizz, SU real red
Paper: SU choc chip; PTI raspberry fizz, vintage cream, sweet blush, polkadot dp; glitter cardstock
Accessories: cuttlebug ef, heart nestabilities, PTI button and ribbon, twine, fiskars apron lace punch

9 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty! Love that raspberry splash. I might be inspired by this photo and your card.... or I might continue blurfing... both activities are so much fun! Enjoy the movie!

ttys

Ann said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! The colors are divine!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the raspberry and sparkle heart! You should have taken a before picture too. I got my new SU! border punch and I love it!!!

Kristina said...

So pretty! I loved this sample room and almost went with it, but the polka dots beat it out. :)

I love that big sparklie heart! There's that glitter paper again! And the pink button inthe corner!

I can't wait to see what you make with your new Verve sets! I only ordered one: Accent Notes. I love to build backgrounds, so this one is definitely right up my alley. I didn't order any PTI this time. The sets were cute, but nothing I had to have. That could change though as I start to see them used more and more. Sometimes I'm just a little slow at seeing their vast possibilities and seeing them used on other peoples' cards helps expand my creative horizon. :)

Have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy your sunshine! Ours is vanishing rapidly!! Yay!

Marisa said...

This is adorable, Maureen!! Love the heart with the sparkly scalloped edges. I almost went with this combo myself but opted for the third one instead. Fun embossed BG - don't have that one yet - how could I have missed it LOL! Looks great with this card and ties into the DP very well. Hope you are having a fabulous Sunday and also hope next week gets a bit easier for you too (((hugs)))

LeAnne said...

Maureen, thanks so much for visiting my blog & leaving a comment, so I could come visit YOUR delightful blog! I am loving this card and the Be My Valentine Verve one previous...what a beautiful sentiment! I am sure I'll be stopping back again!
Hugs,
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Hello, I came by for the first time today and wanted to say "hi"! I found your blog from Kristina's color challenge and man I love that card! So I came here to see more. This card is stunning! I adore the texture and the sparkly heart! So cute! I'll be back for more!

TannyP said...

This beautiful inspiration picture really did inspire you to great things! Lovely card. What did you think of Avatar?

Winter said...

So pretty! And I LOVE that couch! I still want to see that raspberry fizz camera! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...