Sunday, January 24, 2010

Love is the Flower ~ Viva La Verve

Good morning dear friends :) I am off to get ready for our day road trip to another city a couple of hours away...for shopping!! Our first stop will be Lululemon (Canadian workout wear that is also in some States), then the new Scrapbooking store, the mall, lunch...etc...you get the picture!! Today's card is for the 4th January Viva La Verve sketch. My new Verve set, Love's Flower, arrived Friday and I just had to use it. Isn't that a great sentiment? The flower is also in the set and is cut out from old olive with a smaller flower on top cut out of PTI spring moss. Kept it simple with no layering today...I think I'm going through a layerless phase. Hope you have a wonderful day {big smiles!}


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Love's Flower
Ink: Versafine onyx, SU soft sky
Paper: PTI vintage cream, spring moss, SU old olive, bayou bay, watercolour paper, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird
Accessories: oval nestabilities, gem, PTI ribbon

8 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

This is a gorgeous card, Maureen! The sentiment really "pops" on the background DP you've chosen. What a great font! Love the green flower! Have a great day! ttys!

Aimes said...

Not that I don't like your layered cards, but your layerless cards are gorgeous!
The colours are gorgeous together and that setiment is so true!
Wishing you a happy Sunday (I've just spent the last few hours planning lessons so I'm itching to get inky but got a pile of ironing with my name on it first!
x

Marisa said...

Great sketch card, Maureen. Love how you used the sentiment and the flower in the corner. Great Dps too. Trusting you had a great day in Kelowna :D

Kristina said...

Oooh, I loooove the look of that dp against the white background. Great call on not lining it and just letting it speak for itself.

Now that I am seeing more and more of that stamp set, I'm wishing I had ordered it as well. That flower is so beautiful.

Have a wonderful shopping day! New scrapbook stores are always fun, and dangerous, hehe. I think I might venture out to Michael's later today. I have a coupon that is only good between certain hours today.

Oh, I got to play a bit with a Slice at CHA on Friday... That's a cool machine! So easy to use! How are you liking yours? I was so tempted to grab one while I was there, but held off so that I learn more about them.

Laural-Lee said...

Love the colours in that paper. Lovely sentiment and great layout!

Janelle said...

Love how you colored Love. :) Beautiful colors on this card.

TannyP said...

Beautiful paper choices and a perfect 'layerless' card =)

Winter said...

Pretty! I love that paper! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...