Wednesday, January 6, 2010

From the Heart ~ Mojo Monday

Good afternoon!! Today's card may seem a little odd...what with the Cosmo Cricket Christmas paper :) But I needed to go back a season as this card is for the lovely woman who sang at my mom's funeral 2 days ago and at the prayers the night before :) She is an old school friend and we also worked at McDonald's together as teenagers. She does the singing at many masses at my parents' church (formerly the church I grew up in). We found out from the funeral director that she refused payment for singing at mom's services....what a sweet, dear friend :) She also gave me the sweetest hug after prayers Sunday night :) She sang Ave Maria and Gentle Woman (Hail Mary) like an angel. So I wanted to send her a special thank you card from the family...I'm thinking of sending some flowers as well :) I wanted to use some musical note paper as well as some soft holly paper as it was still Christmas-y in the church (the nativity scene was still up and surrounded by poinsettias). AND I made a fun discovery!! When searching for a matte for the holly paper, I discovered that SU's Sage Shadow was the perfect match!! LOL AND PTI's Ocean Tides is the perfect darker shade!! LOL Here I was thinking they were a blue (I had them in my blue scrap bag) but really they are more of a greeny-blue!! I know some of you may be saying, "duhhh!!" LOL I love little discoveries like that :)



And this sketch is for Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. It's contest week, so the top seven entries will get a Verve gc!! This sentiment is from Verve's Thankful Hearts...I just love all the sentiments and fonts in this set :) I hope your week is going well...only 2 more days till the weekend :) Hugs to you all :)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Thankful Hearts
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI vintage cream, ocean tide, SU choc chip, ruby red, sage shadow, Cosmo Cricket dp
Accessories: circle and heart nestabilities, gemstones, MS border punch, PTI ribbon, stitching, cuttlebug ef, distressing tool

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

adorable, perfect papers together for you friend.....a wonderful card...have a fabulous evening!

enjoy *~*

Marisa said...

What a treasure of a friend. I love Ave Maria - makes me cry every time I hear it sung at a wedding.

Love how you layered the sentiment panel and added the heart and the bling. The musical score is perfect for your friend too. Your ribbon treatment is great as well. I'm sure your friend will treasure your card. (((hugs)))

Laural-Lee said...

You completely rocked this sketch!!! It's beautiful. I love the music notes in the background and the ribbon treatment! Nice bling lady.

Aimes said...

What perfect paper to use for the recipient! I love the stitched ribbon too as well as your fabulous watermark ;D
A great take on the Sketch!
x

TannyP said...

I have no doubt you're getting a GC because this is a supremely gorgeous card, Maureen =)

So nice to be blessed with people that special in your life and for them to have you, a kind & generous soul.

Courtney Baker said...

That is so sweet of her! I'm so sure she will adore your card! Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Another beautiful card! Love the color combo!

Brooke S said...

Maureen,
Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother... Wishing you peace and comfort... HUGE HUGS from me to you... What a true gift to have such special music be a part of the service.. It must have made the spirit very strong to have such beautiful song sung.. I know Music is soooo important to me... I really love the sweetness of this card.. It's so clean and straight forward... You are just one of my favorite card designers ever.. We are so blessed that you are part of our Cinema family...
HUGS
Brooke

p.s. we could pick you every time but.. That wouldn't be very fair he,he.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...