Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Only as Much as I Dream ~ Cinema Saturday

Ah, a Cinema Saturday card for you today, sweet friends :) This week's movie is Australia...and I confess, I didn't see it, but wow, what great actors and background scenery!! I took the theme of dreams coming true, flipped through my Verve Stamp binder and came to this lovely quote. The challenge was to use kraft, but really, isn't "having" to use kraft a bonus? LOL I tried my hand at sponging, and really, be kind...I think I should do it in daylight and spend a little more time blending...I wasn't very patient...so let's call it "whimsical!" Or better yet, just focus on the beautiful leaves dp and that great stitch job!! LOL Or be dazzled by the gems!! Oh, and thanks to everyone for all the support for my Walk of Memories...I'm really excited about it :) You've really all touched my heart through your encouraging words and/or pledges :D Okay...off to use some new paper found on the road trip :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Believe
Paper: PTI kraft, vintage cream, turning a new leaf dp; SU choc chip
Ink: SU choc chip; old olive
Accessories: nestabilities labels 3; fiskars apron lace punch; gemstones, PTI ribbon, stitching

13 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

What a pretty card! You did a great job sponging! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! LOVE the saying/verse.

Marisa said...

Such a fabulous sentiment and the touch of bling is perfect. Loving that DP too :D I hear you re: sponging. Not something I do much but need to practice as I just love the effect.

Laural-Lee said...

Such a pretty card and wonderful sentiment. I haven't seen the movie either and I'm completely stuck on what I want to do with my take. Wanted to do something about dreams coming true but my collection of beautiful verses is very limited. I've got a couple more days.

Anonymous said...

Great card. I love your colors. Your sponging looks fab!:) That sentiment is heart warming! Great job!

scrapperjulia said...

Your sponging is great and I love that saying, beautiful card!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card-love the paper & dp you used

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that sentiment! :)

Aimes said...

What you talking about? That's fab sponging and a really neat way of adding some focal interest!
Oh these sweet papers can't get to me soon enough after seeing what you've done with 'em!
x

Kristina said...

This turned out wonderfully! I ever like your sponging. It really isn't bad, it's just a bold color. :) And that dp just can't make a bad card. I haven't pulled mine out for a week or two now.... It may be time, hehe. Oh, and thanks for the Slice advice. It was fun to play with it (we made a tag), but I've been mulling over how often I would really use it. I think you are absolutely right, though. Sewing machine first. But maybe next month... I just got my hospital bill from my swine flu visit back in October. Eek!

TannyP said...

Whatchu saying?! Your sponging is fabulous =) Another true beauty!

Brooke S said...

OK now that quote is just amazing.. You ALWAYS have the coolest Sentiment EVER.. Were do you get them all? I just love the classy, Elegant and stunning cards you make for every challenge.. You are just one of my favorite artist EVER!
HUGS
Brooke

Nancy K said...

This is gorgeous, sweet, and so classy! Love the paper too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...